Subject: Re: Landing on Mars
From: John Prusinski <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 13:23:40 -0700

At 06:56 PM 4/15/96 -0400, you wrote:
>  Yes, this is LW on-topic. I have just uploaded a LW .AVI animation to 
>ftp.newtek.com in the incoming area called ValsMars.zip. It is a small 
>test animation that will be part of a larger project. The animation is 
>from the first person view, landing near Valles Marinaris. It is intended 
>to show the level of realism that can be achieved using a displacement 
>object and a good image map. I hope you will take the opportunity to view 
>it. Thanx.
>
>Ted Stethem

Ted, 
Nice job!  For some reason the first 5 or six frames unzipped scrambled, but
I just deleted them and the avi ran fine.  As you note, the LOD (to borrow a
VRML term) breaks down in the final frames, but overall it's a very
convincing effect.

John.